Friday, January 15, 2010

52 Weeks To Better Genealogy - Challenge #2

This weeks challenge: go to your local public library branch again. Examine the local history, archives and/or special collections section. Ask a librarian if you don’t know if your library has special collections or where they are located. Be sure to check the reference section, too, as many of the newer and more valuable books are held in that area.

My local library has a good local collection about Leiden, which is where it is located, however, most of my ancestors lived in Voorschoten. But, there's this nifty little system here called Interlibrary Loan, which basically means I can ask for books my library doesn't have, but other libraries do, and then in about a week or two I can pick them up at my own library! So, the local history books that are of interest to me which I can loan through my own library are:

Als de linden konden spreken – J.H.M. Sloof
Brandende kwesties in Voorschoten – J.H.M. Sloof
Honderd jaar zingen – J.H.M. Sloof
Straatnamen in Voorschoten – J.H.M. Sloof
Focus op Voorschoten – J.H.M. Sloof
Een wandeling door het oude hart van Voorschoten – J.H.M. Sloof
Kadastrale atlas van Zuid-Holland 1832 – J.H.M. Sloof
Achter verduisterde ramen – R.J. Braggaar
Dorp in oorlog – Leo van der Bijl
Voorschoten: historische studien – J.L. van der Gouw
Monumenten van de 20e eeuw – Jane Koopstra
Oude prenten en prentkaarten vertellen over Voorschoten – E.J. de Keuning
Boerenerfgoed – Robert van Lit
Beeldig Voorschoten – Jane Koopstra
Lusthoven en oude huizen langs de Vliet – C.H. Voorhoeve
Zilverfabriek Voorschoten –
Leefbaar Voorschoten
Voorschoten schrijft verder
Het Ambachtshuis en het Baljuwhuis van Voorschoten – G. ’t Hart
Religieus Erfgoed –
Voorschoten – Jan Vreeswijk
De tram en Voorschoten – Georg J. Groenveld
Voorschoten – C.W. Delforterie
Voorschotenaren verhalen over oorlog en vrede – Joop Peters
Voorschoten – Laura Kloet
Voorschoten in oude ansichten – C.H. Voorhoeve

It's quite a list, but then again, Voorschoten has several local historians who are pretty prolific in their writing, In fact, one of the local historians lives two houses to my left! Might need to go and talk to him when I have a little more data of my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment