At the end of last year, I made six resolutions for this year, and I thought it was a good idea to evaluate them and make some plans as to what things are next on my To-Do list. Mostly, to prevent myself from going on (interesting!) tangents. So, let's take a look.
1. Get through with inputting all family info that I currently have in documents in my genealogy program.
I started out with two boxes and am now done to one. This doesn't, however, include any transcriptions, although everything is archived and cited. That's something I'm keeping for next year...
To-Do: finish inputting the documents in the last box.
2. Finish identifying and scanning all family pictures I have
I recently added more pictures to my stack, from a side of the family I had two pictures from. Now I've got a huge stack, but they are all identified, at least. They need to be scanned, and other than that I made little progress. Definitely something that needs more love and attention!
To-Do: set aside one Sunday afternoon every month to work on the pictures.
3. Develop research plans for the next phase of research, which is generation II (my parents), generation III (my grandparents) and generation IV (my great-grandparents)
I did make research plans, but they were tentative. I now have a lot more data, a lot more questions, and a lot more ideas about where to look for more data. So, I need to re-do these research plans!
To-Do: re-do research plans for generation II (parents), generation III (grandparents) and generation IV (great-grandparents)
4. Make a success of this blog by posting interesting post on Dutch or local history, my own research and family.
Well, I've been posting pretty regularly, which is really good considering how busy I sometimes get! I've made 60 posts already this year, and where not even half-way yet. I've posted pretty regularly about my own research and family, but local and Dutch history have no real posts as of yet. Something to change.
To-Do item: write some posts about local and Dutch history.
5. Get started on my two planned series.
I planned on two series, and I've started both of them. The Looking For Lamboo series is going well, but my Genealogy in the Netherlands series needs a little love!
To-Do: write more consistently for Genealogy in the Netherlands, keep writing The Looking For Lamboo series
6. Post my own memories
Well, I planned to do one a week. In all of this year, I've posted one memory, specifically written like that, and one memory as part of a biograhy I wrote about my grandmother. Wich means I'm about 18 memories behind, and that's not counting this week.
To-Do: start writing a memory every Sentimental Sunday, and play a bit of catch-up!
So, what does my To-Do list for the next couple of weeks look like?
1. Finish inputting the documents in the last box.
2. Set aside one Sunday afternoon every month to work on the pictures.
3. Re-do research plans for generation II (parents), generation III (grandparents) and generation IV (great-grandparents).
4. Write some posts about local and Dutch history.
5. Write more consistently for Genealogy in the Netherlands, keep writing The Looking For Lamboo series
6. Start writing a memory every Sentimental Sunday, and play a bit of catch-up!
Sounds do-able, doesn't it?